Odesa, ‘the pearl of the Black sea’, played host to the first major offline gaming event in CIS after 18 months. The venue gathered 1200 visitors, and our team was there as well.
Games Gathering is an international gaming conference that offers the opportunity to raise the individual professional level and meet new business partners, investors, publishers, and service providers. This time high profile lecturers have been pouring out their years of expertise in 2 online and 2 offline days in 3 halls.
The variety and use of topics cannot be overvalued, as usual. Among the brightest talks there were:
- “Design thinking – How being wrong makes you right” by Eugen Sudak (Head of Game Design in Pixonic)
- “A story to come back to. Things to know about narrative in casual games by Olga Shapovalova (Narrative Producer in VOKI Games)
- “12 tricks to make a game video exciting: tips and examples” by Natalia Shuhman (Copywriter & Video Manager in Alconost Inc.)
- “How to rank #1 in app stores” by Thomas Krieberneg (Co-Founder and CEO of DappRadar)
- “How to start LiveOps from scratch. Underwater rocks” by Alex Shtachenko, (Product Owner of GamePoint / Progamedev.net)
Some emerging technologies were represented at the event and we were especially happy to get acquainted with the recent research by zibra.ai directly from @Oleksandr Petrenko.
Crypto&Gamers presented visitors with collectible NFTs (non-fungible tokens) dedicated to Games Gathering Odesa 2021.
GG was one of a kind. The kind that places another historical landmark on the game development industry.