- Voting is now open for the first annual NFT (Non-Fungible Token) Awards. Anyone can vote for their favorite NFT projects at nftawards.org/vote. The top-voted token will receive the People’s Choice Award.
- The main judges will select the best NFTs of 2020. The panel includes:
- Nobuyuki Idei: Sony’s former CEO & Chairman
- Nao Udagawa: Managing Director of BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc., the company behind notable names such as Pac-Man and Tekken
- Shigeki Morimoto: Game designer and advisor of the Pokémon series
- Sherry List: Leader of Microsoft’s Azure Heroes NFT rewards program
- Nicolas Pouard: Ubisoft’s Blockchain Initiative Director
- Etsuji Nakai: Google Cloud Solutions Architect
- The Blockchain Council will serve as preliminary judges, deciding which nominees advance to the finals. This panel will feature prominent industry figureheads from companies including Aave, Animoca Brands, Atari, Axie Infinity, Blockchain.com Ventures, Chiliz, CoinDesk, CoinMarketCap, ConsenSys, Dapper Labs, DappRadar, DappReview, Immutable, IOST, OMG Network, OpenSea, Rarible, The Sandbox, Ultra, Enjin, DEA, and thought leaders such as Alex Saunders, Boxmining, and Ivan on Tech.
- Winners will be awarded in 10 categories: NFT of the Year, People’s Choice, Adoption Potential, Most Innovative, Most Valuable, Gaming, Charity, Art, Utility, and Most Traded.
- Participants can nominate and vote for their favorite NFTs through the end of November.
- The NFT Awards ceremony will take place on December 9, 2020 via Twitch.
- The event is co-hosted by Enjin and Digital Entertainment Asset (DEA).
- Quote from Enjin CEO Maxim Blagov: “The NFT Awards is an ideal way to scale thought leadership across the blockchain industry. This initiative will provide a window into the valuable perspectives of leaders in the tech market and inform the future of NFTs.”
- Quote from DEA CEO Naohito Yoshida: “The NFT Awards aims to promote the mainstream potential of NFT. NFTs can not only help develop entertainment, but any industry which utilizes data. We’d like to express our deep appreciation for those who recognize this potential.”
In 2009, Enjin launched the Enjin Network, a gaming community platform that boasts over 20 million users. In 2017 following a successful ICO that raised $18.9 million, Enjin began building a suite of products that make it easy for everyone to develop, trade, monetize, and market with blockchain.
Comprised of the Enjin Platform, Explorer, Wallet, Beam, and other tools and services, Enjin’s tools enable game developers and studios to utilize tokenized digital assets as part of their acquisition, retention, engagement, and monetization strategies. The Enjin ecosystem is fueled by Enjin Coin (ENJ), an Ethereum-based cryptocurrency used to directly back the value of Enjin-powered blockchain assets. For more information, visit https://enjin.io.
About Digital Entertainment Asset
DEA is a Singapore-based company founded in August 2018. DEA’s original crypto asset DEAPcoin (DEP) was listed on world renowned exchanges including OKEx, Bithumb Global , Bittrex Global, INDODAX, and DIGIFINEX. DEA also released its first game, JobTribes, a card trading battle game, as well as Digital Art Auction, a marketplace for trading digital assets. DEA’s goal is to realize a world in which people can “play to earn,” through combining blockchain technology with digital entertainment. For more information, visit https://dea.sg.